About Footsteps Nursery School
Founding and Re-location
Footsteps was registered in 1995, and was formally opened in January, 1996 at Magodo G.R.A. Lagos. The School relocated to Ikoyi in January 2001. .
Meet Our School Proprietress
The School Proprietress was called to the Nigerian Bar on the 14th of December, 1989. She resigned from her job as Group Legal and Admin. Manager of an Underwater Engineering Company to set up this center of learning for preschool children. To equip her for this new vocation, she attended the Heritage House Montessori Centre, Lagos, a teacher training center operating in affiliation with the College of Modern Montessori, Johannesburg, South Africa. She is married with three children.
We bring out and celebrate the best in every child and follow a broad curriculum consisting of:
- Practical Life Exercises
- Mathematical Development
- Physical Development
- Creative Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Cultural Subjects (Science, Social Studies etc.)
- Music and Movement and Sensorial Education
- Children work in small classes under the care and guidance of skilled and experienced teachers